Do you want to join an online-network and collaborate with young peace actors from all over the world? We are looking to expand the Global Peace Hub network with another 30 young peace actors – apply today to become one of them!
Who are we?
How far have we come?
What else can the Global Peace Hub Network offer you?
- An active, accessible and safe digital platform where you can meet, exchange experiences, and initiate new collaborations with peers from all over the world;
- An exchange of experience with youth peace builders in your region;
- The possibility of connecting with a mentor through the soon-to-be-developed GPH mentorship program;
- The possibility to design and/or take part of capacity-building activities, for example, training and workshops on topics such as leadership training and project management;
- Write articles that will be published through FUF’s digital development magazine on https://fuf.se/en/magasin/
What topics will be discussed in the network?
Who are we looking for?
- Participants should be engaged with a (youth) organisation that is focused on peacebuilding or conflict resolution work;
- Participants should be between 18 and 32 years old;
- Participants should be genuinely interested in peacebuilding and conflict resolution and motivated to learn and share experiences and knowledge with others;
- Participants should have some previous experience of working with peacebuilding initiatives or conflict resolution;
- Participants should have access to technical devices and an internet connection (an unreliable one is perfectly fine) that allows participation in digital meetings;
- Participants should be humble, and accepting of others’ opinions and perspectives;
- Participants commit to spending a few hours per week on the GPH, depending on project phase and activities. As this is a voluntary commitment, participans should consider how much time they are able to spend on network activities; and
- Participants must be able to communicate in English.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Equality
We aim for global diversity in our participant pool and encourage youth from all backgrounds to apply. We particularly encourage applications from young peace actors who are engaged at local levels of society, from all types of contexts – whether conflict-affected or more peaceful societies.
Application deadline and recruitment process
The application deadline is on October 4. If your application is selected, you will be invited to participate in an interview with the project manager. The next step is to meet one of the participants of the network for a peer-to-peer exchange, before you are offered and choose to accept a position in the network.