About the organization
SweDev is a network with the aim of bringing together development researchers in Sweden to strengthen collaboration with development researchers and increase the interaction between development researchers and practitioners. SweDev wants to increase the use of research-based knowledge in international development cooperation and for the implementation of Agenda 2030. SweDev’s secretariat is based at the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) in the Development and Aid Policy team.
Are you passionate about development issues? Do you want to gain experience in bridging development research to policy?
SweDev is looking for an intern for our office at the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) for the spring of 2023. The intern will primarily be placed at SweDev’s secretariat. The intern will also work closely with the Development and Aid Policy team at SEI.
The intern should have a great interest in development issues, and be motivated and driven by external work and web communication. The intern should be fluent in English. Good knowledge in Swedish is an asset.
- Maintain and expand SweDev’s online presence by creating content, articles, blog posts, and editing and updating SweDev’s website.
- Participate in communication and advocacy work.
- Support tasks within SweDev’s education group and research group • Monitor trends and issues relevant to SweDev and identify opportunities for SweDev to influence the public debate on development issues.
- Support with administrative tasks in SweDev’s secretariat.
- Participate in the work and coordination of the Development and Aid Policy team at SEI.
- Any other tasks that arise.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has a master’s degree in a relevant area, for example in social sciences, development studies or communication.
- Has experience in online communication and preferably experience working with WordPress.
- Fluent in English in both writing and speaking .
- Good knowledge in Swedish.
How the internship is related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
The intern will be working directly to support the bridge between development research and policymaking through communication and advocacy, working closely with multiple stakeholders in the development sector. The intern will also be part of monitoring current development issues and identifying opportunities for SweDev to influence the public debate.
Som praktikant på Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) / Swedish Development Research Network (SweDev), så kommer du direkt att få arbeta med de här globala målen: