About the organization
Right Livelihood, a courage-powered community for social change honours and supports visionary change-makers since 1980. Right Livelihood gives life-long support to its Laureates. At the time of writing, the network consists of 182 Laureates from 72 countries, including Nobel Peace Prize winners Dr. Denis Mukwege (DRC) and Wangari Maathai (Kenya), as well as Astrid Lindgren (Sweden), and Edward Snowden (USA).
Right Livelihood is a growing and ambitious organisation with a new strategy as well as a new website in place. New interesting projects are in the pipeline with a focus on this decade’s much needed systems change. You will work closely with our Deputy Director, our Programme Manager, and other colleagues both in Stockholm and other parts of the world, as well as independently. Right Livelihood has a second office is in Geneva. The different sections of the organisation (support, communication, education, fundraising etc) work closely together in supporting Laureates and you will have the opportunity to individually adapt your role, depending on your expertise and previous experience.
Internship assignments include:
– supporting the continuous work to connect with Laureates and their network and inform about their work;
– supporting the planning, coordination and outreach around our projects and various meetings, including webinars;
– supportking the Foundation’s cooperation with Swedish Civil Society and politicians; and
– general administrative support.
– relevant University studies (ongoing or recently finished) including, but not limited to, international relations, political science, environmental studies, or human rights studies;
– knowledge about and interest in social, environmental, human rights and/or development questions;
– project management skills, well organised and structured;
– good writing and communication skills;
– knowledge of a Mac environment and FileMaker is an advantage; and
– excellent oral and written English.
Experience from living in other parts of the world;
Other language skills;
and Event coordination
Right Livelihood’s Head Office is located in an old villa in Gamla Enskede (just South of Globen), where you will be based.