About the organization
Right Livelihood, a courage-powered community for social change honouring and supporting visionary change-makers since 1980. Right Livelihood gives life-long support to its Laureates. At the time of writing, the network consists of 186 Laureates from 73 countries, including Nobel Peace Prize winners Dr. Denis Mukwege (DRC) and Wangari Maathai (Kenya), as well as Greta Thunberg (Sweden), and Edward Snowden (USA).
Right Livelihood is a growing and ambitious organisation with a strategy until 2025 as well as a new website in place. New interesting projects are in the pipeline with a focus on this decade’s much needed systems change. You will work closely with colleagues both in Stockholm, Geneva (second office) and other parts of the world, as well as independently. The different sections of the organisation (support, communication, education, fundraising etc) work closely together in supporting Laureates and you will have the opportunity to individually adapt your role, depending on your expertise and previous experience.
Internship assignments include:
- Supporting the continuous work to connect with Laureates and their network and to inform about their work.
- Supporting the planning, coordination and outreach around our projects and various meetings, including webinars.
- Supporting the Foundation’s cooperation with Swedish civil society organisations and politicians.
- General administrative support.
- Relevant university studies (ongoing or recently finished) including, but not limited to, international relations, political science, environment, or human rights.
- Knowledge about and interest in peace, justice, environmental, and human rights questions.
- Project management skills – you are well organised and structured.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Experience from living in other parts of the world.
- Other language skills.
- Knowledge of Mac environment and FileMaker.
- Event coordination.
Right Livelihood’s Head Office is located in an old villa in Gamla Enskede (just South of Globen), where you will be based.
How the internship is related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
Right Livelihood work with the belief that lasting change requires concerted action based on diverse solutions, including all SDGs. Right Livelihood main goal is to stay in touch with previous Laureates, the intern will work with the Laureates we have ongoing projects with or new pojects that starts spring 2023.
Som praktikant på Right Livelihood, så kommer du direkt att få arbeta med de här globala målen: