About the organization
Engineers Without Borders Sweden (EWB-SWE) is a Non-Governmental Organization striving to make a long-term impact in the work towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Through humanitarian engineering, we engage, inspire and unite people to build sustainable communities.
This internship is a unique opportunity to practically learn more about organizational development, compliance work within anti-corruption and child safeguarding and human rights.
In addition, the intern will learn working in a growing international organization with competent volunteers, international partners and interesting projects with a large variety.
The intern will join our international project team and be part of:
- Administer and support the implementation of our new strategy with the guidance of the Head of International Projects.
- Start the implementation of our compliance work within anti-corruption and child safeguarding (based on current interns work).
- Research on human rights approach and develop a rights based approach adapted to EWB-SWE work. This will be done with the support of volunteers from the Monitoring and Evaluation teams and the Head of International Projects.
- Research and identification of possible ways to improve our international work to become more efficient and reach higher impact.
- We are looking for a self-driven individual with a strong interestvin development cooperation, human rights and/or international projects. We are looking for someone with a relevant educational background at university level, for example development cooperation knowledge, Human Relations, Human Resources Management, Social Science, Organizational Development, or Political Science or something similar.
- You are able to generate ideas, exercise initiatives and work effectively both independently and as part of a team. You are creative, structured and a problem-solver, and speak and write good English. Previous experience with the non-profit sector is aplus.
It is a plus if you are interested in learning more about humanitarian engineering, however, we are not specifically looking for an Engineer.
We have a remote work arrangement and therefore your location will be flexible. Our Head of International Project is sitting in Stockholm where we have a small office that you can work from, we can also offer a workplace in Gothenburg or Falun.
How the internship is related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
EWB-SWE is currently developing its strategic approach for the next five years to ensure that our work is efficient and leads to high impact to people in vulnerable situations. During 2023 we will start implementing our new strategy and continue to improve the efficiency in our ways of working. We are looking for an intern who would help us manage this process within the international projects, hence the intern would be working with the SDGs that our organization is working towards.
Som praktikant på Engineers without Borders Sweden, så kommer du direkt att få arbeta med de här globala målen: