About the organization
Social Initiative creates close and engaging collaborations between Swedish companies, private individuals and social entrepreneurs around the world, to solve societal challenges in an innovative and effective way. Together, we contribute capital and knowledge so that the social entrepreneurs can scale up and strengthen their operations.
The core of our business is to create tailor-made community involvement for Swedish companies and private individuals based on their wishes and with a clear connection to the company's business operations and the global goals. Our clients include Carnegie, Nordic Capital, EQT and Fagerhult.
What does the internship mean?
Through internships with us, you get the opportunity to work with issues that create change for real. We are a team of four people who work closely and actively with our partners - both the social entrepreneurs and the Swedish companies that are our clients. With us, you get involved in all parts of the business, take responsibility and perform qualified tasks.
- Support in analysis and development of "best practice" in areas of interest to the social entrepreneurs we work with
- Research in issues related to e.g. climate, education, gender equality and job creation in low-income countries
- Monitor the outside world and report from relevant seminars
- Support in the communication work with the aim of increasing awareness of Social Initiative among potential clients´
Desirable competence / experience
- Good analytical ability
- Good at expressing oneself in speech and writing in Swedish and English
- Good problem-solving ability
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Passionate about contributing to a positive societal development
Meritorious competence / experience
- Experience of development work
Feel free to watch our film about what it is like to practice at the Social Initiative:
As an intern at the Social Initiative, you will immediately be able to work with these global goals: