Location: Sundbyberg, Stockholm
VT24 - Full-time, 20 weeks
About the organization
Sida works on behalf of Sweden's Riksdag and government to implement Swedish development policy. The goal of Sweden's work with international aid is to contribute to better living conditions for people living in poverty and oppression. Our vision is every person's right and opportunity to live a dignified life. Sida's unit for Peace and Human Security (which the internship refers to) is responsible for implementing the Swedish government's strategy for Sustainable Peace 2017-2022 (extended to 2023). The purpose of the strategy is to strengthen Sweden's support for the prevention of armed conflict, peace and state building, and the participation of women and young people in peace processes. The strategy also includes goals for increased human security that include mine management, reduced proliferation of small arms and light weapons, sexual violence and children in armed conflict. The unit has also strengthened its focus on the environment and climate change linked to conflict.
What does the internship mean?
The goal of the internship is to increase the intern's knowledge of Sweden's development cooperation with a focus on Sida's thematic work with peacebuilding and prevention of armed conflicts. The intern will, among other things, contribute with analysis work in thematic areas that are of interest to the unit and the intern. The internship will provide practical experience in handling initiatives within Sida's strategy for Sustainable Peace as well as the work of integrating a conflict perspective into development cooperation. There may also be practical tasks related to meeting arrangements.
Desirable competence / experience
- At least C-level in peace and conflict studies, political science or equivalent with a focus on international relations/global development issues.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Good ability to express oneself verbally and in writing in Swedish and English - Ability to carry out tasks independently and ability to work in parallel with several tasks.
Meritorious competence / experience
- International experience, preferably from a country where Sida conducts development cooperation.
- Relevant experience from development cooperation and/or humanitarian aid.
- Completion of a Minor Field Study (MFS) or equivalent.
– Additional language skills.
Sida has its office in Ursvik's Entré in Rissne, the internship is partly carried out on site and there is the possibility to work from another location for part of the week, if desired. The internship must be done as part of your education, you must be enrolled as a student at a Swedish university/college to apply.
The intern must be insured through the university/college and be able to credit the internship as higher education credits.
The place can only be applied for via FUF.
As an intern at this organization, you will directly work with these global goals: