Location: Sundbyberg, Stockholm
VT24 - Full-time, 20 weeks
About the organization
Curious to learn more about how Sida collaborates with civil society in Sweden and globally? Then you are welcome to apply for an internship at CIVSAM, Sida's unit for civil society. CIVSAM is responsible for the implementation of the government's "Strategy for support through Swedish organizations in civil society 2016-2022". Sida is waiting for the government's decision on a new strategy. The unit's work shall contribute to strengthened capacity of civil society actors in developing countries to contribute to poverty reduction and promote a favorable social climate for civil society in developing countries. The unit also has department-wide responsibility for civil society issues, which includes advice within Sida and to foreign authorities, as well as participation in international processes.
What does the internship mean?
The intern will contribute in various ways to the unit's preparation, implementation and follow-up of aid efforts within civil society, but also participate in other work processes within the unit. Through this, the intern gains an increased knowledge of what it means to work at a Swedish authority.
The intern will also be given the opportunity to participate in and contribute to joint activities at the unit, such as planning days and other learning opportunities. Practical tasks can e.g. include review and compilation of reports, preparation and follow-up of Sida-financed efforts, production of information materials, record-keeping during meetings, etc. As an intern, you have the opportunity to take part in relevant seminars and conferences.
Examples of tasks:
- Support in the preparation, implementation and follow-up of aid efforts.
- Support for analysis work (e.g. results analysis), summaries and information materials.
- Support in coordinating meetings and processes.
- Support for internal quality work, e.g. in administrative and financial systems.
Desirable competence / experience
- Academic degree comprising at least three years of full-time studies in an area relevant to the business, e.g. political science, development studies, environmental science, conflict science, gender science. or other social science focus.
- Good ability to express oneself well orally and in writing in English and Swedish.
- Experience of international development cooperation or other relevant experience abroad.
- Experience of working from or with civil society organisations.
- Good ability to prioritise, follow up and complete tasks on time.
Meritorious competence / experience
- Knowledge of other relevant languages, e.g. Spanish, French, Arabic, Portuguese.
- Experience of administrative work and internal governance and control.
- Experience from one of the thematic areas that Sida CIVSAM works with, such as innovation issues, cooperation between different types of actors in aid, aid effectiveness, environment/climate, gender equality and rights-based work.
- Experience of having lived in a partner country and/or intercultural competence.
The unit's expectations of the trainee:
- Takes the initiative to influence the internship so that it becomes valuable to him.
- Carry out assigned tasks with concentration and accuracy.
- Shares practical and theoretical experiences and knowledge in issues that CIVSAM works with.
As an intern at this organization, you will directly work with these global goals: