VT24 - Full-time, 20 weeks
About the organization
Oxfam Sweden is part of a global organization that works to save and improve people's lives. We do this in several ways, with a clear goal: an equal future. We fight climate inequality, economic inequality and the injustices that cause poverty and oppression – and we are there in times of crisis and disaster. Together with millions of allies, we operate in over 85 countries. We contribute new knowledge, make crooked social structures visible, give people tools for change - and demand that those in power take responsibility. And we won't stop until everyone's equal value and rights are respected.
Oxfam is still a relatively new organization in Sweden with a strong focus on establishing itself as an important voice in the debate, informing and engaging the public, influencing decision makers and raising money for Oxfam's work worldwide.
What does the internship mean?
Oxfam Sweden is looking for an intern with an interest in equality, human rights, development issues and social sustainability. As an intern, you gain practical experience in working with communication, opinion formation and advocacy work, above all in summarizing complex issues in a clear and engaging way to different target groups.
With us, you will be part of a small but driven communications team, and you will work closely with roles in other departments. Here there are great opportunities to try different types of tasks, and test new ways of reaching out with Oxfam's message.
The communications department is responsible for all ongoing communication about Oxfam's work in Sweden and around the world, and also works with launches of major global reports and campaigns. It is about communication to all Oxfam's target groups in various channels and forms.
Examples of tasks:
- Participate in the work of continuously communicating about Oxfam's work in the world. This can be by summarizing and presenting reports and analyzes in text form, or graphically with images or videos.
- Participate in the launch of reports or campaigns, by producing communication materials, press materials and internal communications.
- Participate in the work with content for social media and website.
- Participate in the work with communication to Oxfam's donors.
- Produce presentations and other communication material.
- Plan and implement events.
- Participating in the work of a small organization, which means that there can be great breadth and variety in the tasks.
Desirable competence / experience
- Completed or ongoing education either in global development, peace and conflict knowledge, human rights or similar - or in media and communication science
- A good writer with the ability to write texts of different types for different target groups.
- Good ability to analyze and summarize text material and background.
- Speaks and writes good Swedish and English.
- Strong community involvement and shares Oxfam's values.
This is an internship where great emphasis will be placed on personal qualities, such as you being proactive, self-motivated and committed.
Meritorious competence / experience
- Knowledge of working in publishing tools, such as Wordpress.
- Knowledge of working in graphic digital tools. For example, Oxfam uses Canva and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience of fundraising or opinion and influence work.
- Experience from non-profit organizations.
The location is Oxfam's office on Södermalm in Stockholm. The internship starts in January 2024 and you will be supervised by the communications manager.
At Oxfam, we strive for diversity and encourage all applications regardless of gender, gender identity, ethnic background, religion, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Diversity creates creativity, which in turn creates innovative thinking – a prerequisite for success. We especially welcome applicants who can contribute to increasing diversity in the Swedish office.
We at Oxfam are committed to preventing sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, dishonesty and financial irregularities; and to promote the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all employees and trainees to adhere to these principles through our Code of Conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Please note that all offers of internship will be preceded by obtaining satisfactory references and may include extended checks.
As an intern at this organization, you will directly work with these global goals: