The Association for Development Issues, FUF, is a politically and religiously independent non-profit association. Our purpose is to inform and create discussions about global development and Sweden's role in the world. We want to contribute to knowledge, debate and commitment to a fair and sustainable world.
Our vision is that the Swedish public has good knowledge of global development. With more knowledge, more people act for a just and sustainable world, at a personal level as well as through holding stake-holders accountable. Sweden’s role internationally is subject to attention and debate in media, within politics, culture and education. The debate is fact-based and allows for diversity in perspective and representation. Swedish stakeholders within politics and business take social, environmental, and economic sustainability into account in decision-making. Actors from different sectors, collaborate and tackle our global challenges from a holistic perspective..
- To contribute to achieving the vision, FUF commits to:
- Be a politically and religiously independent platform that contributes to a fact-based debate about Sweden's role internationally.The debate should allow fordiversity of perspectives and voices .
- Spread knowledge of global challenges that have been overlooked and highlight current issues from new perspectives.
- Contribute to making knowledge of global development more accessible and comprehensible.
- Evoke interest and engagement for a just and sustainable global development, in particular among youth.
- Create and provide platforms for exchange of experience and cooperation across various sectors, social identities, and generations.
- Support people who commit to working for a just and sustainable global development, through providing practical experience and a deepened understanding of global questions.
- Contribute to fact-basedSwedish and European politics for global development.