About the organization
Nordic Consulting Group, NCG, works with development assistance and development worldwide, we are located in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Uganda. NCG Sweden was founded in 1991 with a focus on sustainable social development. We work with gender equality, evaluations, human rights, socio-economic issues, the environment and SMEs. We have had Sida's gender help desk since 2012. We also work in all sectors with the EBRD, the EU, the World Bank, the UN, and authorities such as SKR. We are in an exciting phase where we are growing, and right now we are focusing on our communication strategy. Read more about us at www.ncgsw.se.
What does the internship mean?
The internship period at NCG is intended as a developing time for both the intern and for NCG. We value the perspectives that an intern can provide, and we especially demand young people's values and specific knowledge. We intend to integrate the trainee as far as possible in all our activities, as we are a small organization. We also intend for the trainee to be allowed to go on one or more assignments outside Sweden, if Covid-19 allows the situation, as support but also to learn.
The trainee will receive a specific supervisor for their work, but the trainee will also assist others in the office. We have weekly meetings where all ongoing assignments are discussed and the trainee participates in these meetings. We actively strive to ensure that the work is interesting and we encourage the trainee to participate in training and seminars.
Each week, the supervisor will review what tasks can be expected to be relevant, and discuss with the trainee what he or she thinks has been good and which has been less good. The work is independent, but there is always the supervisor and others to ask if needed.
The internship means that the intern can participate in compiling parts of reports, conduct research in various topics, write meeting minutes, participate in surveys, help develop our communication strategy. The trainee is also helpful in building up our reference database and updating our website, etc.
Desirable competence / experience
- Accessible and flexible - The trainee is curious, flexible and solution-oriented as a person; the trainee may participate in all possible tasks. An interest in helping us develop our communication strategy.
- Digital skills - Data, mobile and interest in digital development.
- Language skills - We would like the trainee to have excellent language skills in English (in writing and speaking). We value other languages highly, especially those we are not so good at ourselves; French, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, Albanian, Turkish, etc.
- Gender equality knowledge - Gender equality, gender analysis, equal opportunities, gender mainstreaming etc.
Meritorious competence / experience
- Experience of working with development issues.
- Experience of Evaluations; Human Rights; Environmental-climate change; Change management; Institutional development.
- Experience of Sida / other development assistance authority / other development assistance organization.
We will provide our trainee with SL cards.
As an intern at Nordic Consulting Group (NCG Sweden AB), you will immediately be able to work with these global goals: